UE4: Similarities & Differences
- Grid Snapping - unlike other applications such as 3DS Max and Rhino, BSPs in UE4 snap to the grid from their center rather than their edges (I could be wrong about this, but I can't seem to work out how to get the edges to snap to the grid).
Edit: It looks like it's just not working for me, but it is possible. Hopefully updating the version will fix the problem.
- Marketplace - this is familiar for users of Sketchup, although it's comparatively in its infancy.
- Blueprints - the visual scripting elements in both 3DS Max and Grasshopper are very similar to the Blueprints in UE4.
- Ability to Play - perhaps the biggest difference from other similar software we have used is the ability to play or experience what you've created.
- Resources & documentation - the amount of freely available, quality tutorials really make the process of learning how to use the software much less frustrating and expensive than some other software (I'm looking at you, Rhinoceros).